Monday, April 13, 2009

The Emmaus Road

In my Christian Life I have certianly related to the story of the disciples on the Emmaus Road. In Luke 24:13-35 this amazing story is recorded in which after the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ, two his disciples were walking towards a village called Emmaus. During this time Jesus appeared to them and walked with them but they did not recognize him as the Christ. They were discussing the life of Jesus and his death on the cross when this stranger who was Jesus began to explain to them the meaning of Old Testament prophets in regards to the fulfillment of prophecy. The disciples invited the man to eat with them that evening and during the dinner Jesus broke the bread to give thanks. Immediately the eyes of the disciples were opened and Jesus vanished.

I am convinced that this story is within Scripture to teach us how Christ will reveal himself to us each day. As I am actively trying to understand the meaning of his life and death, Jesus has come alongside of me to bring knowledge through his revealed word and confidence in his ressurection, forgiveness of sins, and peace through the renewing of my mind.

This blog is a record of my walk with the Lord. It is not so much for anyone else, as much as it is for my growth and encouragement, but I hope that if someone might stumble across it you might join in the discussion during our walk on the road to Emmaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment